Did you slip & fall on someone’s premises in Glastonbury? Were you hurt in a major road mishap that wasn’t your fault? Are you a victim of nursing home abuse or medical malpractice? You definitely need legal expertise to handle such claims and lawsuits. Following an accident or after discovering an injury, you should seek medical care, and it is best to contact an attorney today rather than later. Here are some seven big benefits of working with an injury lawyer in Glastonbury.
- You don’t have to worry about damages: Most victims have questions about the losses they can recover. However, once you engage a lawyer, they are in charge of evaluating and reviewing your damages. They will determine the ideal settlement and work accordingly.
- You don’t have to file an insurance claim alone: For car accidents and many other cases, you may have to file a claim with the other party’s carrier before you can file a lawsuit. Your attorney will help with the entire process, ensuring you don’t miss a step.
- You don’t have to negotiate: Claims adjusters are infamous for their lack of empathy and rigid attitude. If you are not a skilled negotiator, you are unlikely to get a fair outcome. An attorney can be your advocate for negotiating better, and the lawyer will remain aggressive if required.
- You don’t have to bother about deadlines: The statute of limitations varies by state and gives a time cap for filing personal injury lawsuits. In Connecticut, you have two years for most circumstances, but there are exceptions. Your lawyer is in charge of keeping up with the dates.
- You don’t have to file a lawsuit alone: When there is an imminent need to file a civil lawsuit against the party liable for your injuries, you should have an attorney. Local lawyers in Glastonbury already have the required connections and know things usually shape up in such situations.
- You can skip the legalese: For someone who has never had a brush with laws or doesn’t understand typical procedures, filing a claim or dealing with the aftermath of an accident can be scary. The good news is your lawyer is there to take care of paperwork and everything in between.
- You don’t have to stress about finances: Firms in Glastonbury will take injury lawsuits on a contingency charge, so you don’t need money to seek legal help. If and when you recover a settlement, the attorney will take their share, usually 25% or more.
Start looking for options now!